Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2008

...Inspiration Challenge #159


This is my submission for today's Inspiration Challenge #159 at Splitcoaststampers. My inspirational piece can be seen above. This is one of the samples from Alexander Girard's textile line...aren't these colors brilliant?!? I started with a Rose Red Cardstock base, and matted each additional layer with Basic Black Cardstock. The patterned papers were from the Raspberry Tart Designer Series Paper pack. These will be available next month when the new catty comes out. The edges of the patterned paper panels were pierced using a MAt Pack and Paper Piercer, and three Black Brads were added down the right side of the green panel. The focal panel was Whisper WHite Cardstock that was stamped in Jet Black Staz-on Ink with one of the blooms from one of the upcoming hostess sets called "Echoes of Kindness". I colored the blossoms with an Aquapainter and a Rose Red Classic Ink Pad. The sentiment was from the set "THank You Kindly", and it was stamped in Jet Black Staz-On Ink also. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig and Image Sheet for proper placement. Each panel was popped up off of the card base using Dimensionals {can you tell that I LOVE those little things? My friends call me a "Dimensional Ho"...Teeheehee}. A piece of 5/8" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon was added around the panels to complete the card.
That's it for today! I wasn't able to make anything yesterday, and I apologize, but I had a horrible migraine. I took some medicine and went right back to bed...I also slept most of the day away! I woke up in time to let our exterminator in to spray for the month, though...maybe we won't have an ant problem anymore! LOL! Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope to see you all again tomorrow with a submission for SCS's Featured Stamper Challenge. Until then...


Supplies
Stamps: Echoes of Kindness, Thank You Kindly
Papers: Rose Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Raspberry Tart DSP
Inks: Jet Black Staz-On, Rose Red Classic Ink
Accessories: mat pack, paper piercer, brads, ribbon, aquapainter, dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig, image sheet

8 comments:

Unknown said...

VERY Pretty. Love what you have done with the new set..TFS

Julie said...

Wow, Mercy this is fantastic! What a beautiful card, love that flower and perfect layout as usual!

ChristineCreations said...

Mercy....this is just gorgeous. I love how you've used the papers and the layout and the colors....fabulous!

JulieA said...

Wow!!! Loving those papers and your layout. And now I'm regretting not buying that hostess set! Beautiful!

Jaspere said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Marie said...

Oh sheesh - now I like this stamp set and I didn't really like hardly any of them before!!! My wallet does not thank you ;) Gorgeous card!!!

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!!! Wow!!!

Denise said...

Mercy, this is just beautiful~ love the colors, awesome inspired card! :)