Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2008

...Holy Purple Penguins, Batman!!!

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER TO WIN $30 FREE STAMPIN UP MERCHANDISE HERE!
What? You mean you've never seen a purple penguin before? LOL! Isn't he simply adorable? This is one of the penguins from Darcie's stamp set "Just Chillin". I couldn't help but fall in love with him...he's fluffy just like me! I started with a Tangerine Tango Cardstock base, and matted each layer with Elegant Eggplant Cardstock. The patterned paper was from the Frosty Day Designer Series Paper pack, which is quickly becoming a fave. The focal panel consisted of Whisper White Cardstock that was stamped in Elegant Eggplant Craft Ink, then embossed using Clear Embossing Powder and a Heat Gun. I colored this precious penguin with Copics Sketch Markers that I had borrowed from my friend, Janet Beahm, at our last stamping retreat.

NOTE : Now I am not one to usually jump on the "product bandwagon", but these Copics Sketch Markers are to die for! They are so easy to use, and practically indestructible {which is a wonderful trait for clumsy people such as myself}! They are a bit expensive, but I believe that they would be well worth the money; so as you can already tell, I will probably be jumping aboard the wagon at any time now! LOL!


Once I had finished coloring him, I outlined him to give him a slight shadow using the Cool Gray No. 1 Copics Sketch Marker. The sentiment panel was stamped in Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock, then punched out using the 3/4" Circle Punch. It was then matted with Kiwi Kiss Cardstock that had been punched out using the 1" Circle Punch, and Elegant Eggplant Cardstock that was punched out using the 1-1/4" Circle Punch. Each layer of the sentiment was popped up using Dimensionals, as was the focal panel. A piece of 5/8" Kiwi Kiss Striped Grosgrain Ribbon was added around the card front, and three green brads from the Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads collection were added to the upper right-hand side of the card to finish it off.


That's it for today! I hope to work on a couple of sketch and blog challenges some time today after I finish folding about four hundred loads of clothes...fun, fun, fun! I will also be sharing an award that has been given to me by one of my good friends. Thanks for stopping by today, and I will see you all again tomorrow. Until then....





Supplies
Stamps: Just Chillin' (Darcie's)
Papers: Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Frosty Day DSP
Inks: Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink, Elegant Eggplant Craft Ink
Accessories: clear embossing powder, embossing buddy, heat gun, copics sketch markers, dimensionals, ribbon, brads, punches (3/4" circle, 1" circle, 1-1/4" circle)

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

cute, cute, cute...love the colors!!!

JulieA said...

Very cute penguin!!! I can see why you fell in love with him. And I love your layout here. The ribbon really finishes it off.

Pam Varnell said...

Gorgeous girlfriend!! This card is fabulous, especially the non-traditional colors you used. Love it!!!