Pages

Friday, October 24, 2008

...Getting A Head Start

...on my November birthday cards! September and October were crazy months for me; so I wanted to go ahead and get these completed, and have them ready to mail out when needed. This is a sample of the cards that I will be sending out to all of my fellow-GSG members next month. I used "Canvas", "Autumn Harvest", and "It's Your Birthday" (all from SU, but the birthday set is retired) to make these fall creations. My color combination was the following: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and More Mustard. I stamped the pumpkin and leaf from the harvest set, then watercolored them with an Aquapainter and the following markers: Summer Sun Stampin' Write Marker, More Mustard Stampin' Write Marker, Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Marker, Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker, and Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker. Both the pumpkin and leaf are attached to the round focal panel using Dimensionals, then Aged Copper HodgePodge Hardware (HPH) was added to the side of the same panel. A piece of both 1/4" More Mustard Grosgrain Ribbon and 1/4" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon were tied to the HPH to complete the focal panel. The card base and horizontal panel were faux stitched using a Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, and Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker. The edges of the horizontal panel were also sponged with a Sponge Dauber before the sentiment was added using a Stamp-a-ma-jig and Image Sheet for proper placement. I sure do hope the ladies like these as much as I do!

Supplies:
Stamps: Autumn Harvest, Canvas, It's Your Birthday
Papers: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Whisper White, Watercolor (90 lb)
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Jet Black Staz-On, Old Olive, More Mustard
Accessories: mat pack, paper piercer, markers, stamp-a-ma-jig, image sheet, HPH, ribbon, aquapainter, sponge dauber, dimensionals, scissors, coluzzle cutting system

That's it for today...thanks for stopping by on this foggy Friday! I will be working on a card order today, so I may or may not have anything ready to share with you tomorrow....but I sure will try! Until then...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous - I love it!! Your watercoloring is spectacular. Great card!!