Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

...Inkadinkado Birds

Here are a couple of cards I've done using Inkadinkado's "Birds Galore". The first stamp was inked using a Pink Passion Stampin' Write Marker and a Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker. It was then stamped onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. The four corners were faux stitched using a Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, and the Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker again. The focal panel was mounted onto Close To Cocoa Cardstock, Pink Passion Cardstock, and Whisper White Cardstock. The cocoa and pink pieces were faux stitched together using the same tools that created the corner stitching, but I used a zig-zag stitch to connect the two pieces instead. The sentiment was from SU's "Elegant Cheer", and was stamped in VersaMark Ink onto the Chocolate Chip Cardstock base before being embossed with White Embossing Powder. Hot Pink KaiserScrapbook Rhinestones were added to two of the corners to complete the card.

This next card showcases my favorite color combination (for now): Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, and Apricot Appeal. I haven't been a huge fan of apricot in the past, but I have really enjoyed the *pop* it adds to these new In Colors. The Pacific Blue Cardstock base was stamped with the flock of birds stamp in Pacific Blue Classic Ink. The bird on the focal panel was stamped in the same ink onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock, then an Apricot Appeal Stampin' Write Marker was used to highlight it. The polka dot designer paper is from SU's Bella Rose Designer Series Paper pack. After the designer paper was attached to the white cardstock, the panel was then matted with Kiwi Kiss Cardstock. Paper piercing was added just below the focal bird with a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, and Stampin' Up Buttons were added to the side of the panel. The sentiment was from Verve Visual's set "Petals & Stems", and was stamped in pacific ink also. The focal panel was added to the card base using Dimensionals for completion.

That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by, and I will see you again tomorrow. I am going to spend the day with my best friends for the entire day, so I will hopefully have some new stuff to show you. Until then.....



3 comments:

Trish D said...

Both cards are lovely, but I *REALLY* like the second one. That's the one image from the BG set that I have yet to do anything with; the way you've colored it is gorgeous!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh Mercy these are wonderful. I like the rich top one and the fresh and springy one is great too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mercy -

I've been getting your e-mails for a couple of months and find myself "saving" more and more of them to copy later! I really like your style! and I really like those new stamps from Inkadinkado - very pretty. Thanks for sharing your creations.

I was also very touched by your post about your son. My heart goes out to you and your family, and I hope he is doing better with your love and God's care.

Hugs to you,

Karen Branigan