Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

...Playing With Designer Papers



This first card was made with some of the designer papers (dp) from a Making Memories 6X6 Embellishment Pad. I simply loved the fun and bright colors! I matched the paper with a Sage Shadow Cardstock base, then matted the dp onto a piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock. A small piece of Whisper White Cardstock separates the two papers. I added a piece of 5/8" Papaya Grosgrain Ribbon from Ribbons And Bows, Oh My! to the center of the dp panel. The main panel was attached to the card base using my favorite accessory.....Dimensionals! The sentiment from "All Year Cheer I" was stamped in the lower right-hand corner with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink. I love, love, love this card!

This card features papers from the Summer Picnic Designer Series Papers pack (dsp) from Stampin' Up! The red on the bottom of the dsp panel was punched with the 3/16" Corner Rounder to create the scallops, and pieces of Whisper White Cardstock were put between the two connecting papers after being pierced using a Mat Pack and Paper Piercer. The dsp were then matted onto Bashful Blue Cardstock, and then Old Olive Cardstock. The sentiment was from "Small Sayings" was stamped in Jet Black Staz-On Ink under the dsp panel, then some faux stitching was added beside it using a Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, and Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker. Three Basic Black Brads were added to the top right-hand side of the Real Red Cardstock base using a Mat Pack for placement. The punched flower was created using the following punches: Scalloped Circle (Whisper White Cardstock), 1-3/8" Circle Punch (Real Red Cardstock), 1-1/4" Circle Punch (Bashful Blue Cardstock), 1" Circle Punch (Old Olive Cardstock), 3/4" Circle Punch (Whisper White Cardstock), and the 1/2" Circle Punch (Summer Picnic DSP).

That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by, and I will see you all tomorrow with another creation! Until then...



4 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Great cards! Love the papers you mixed together and how you arranged them!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I love both of them!! The paper on the top one is super cute!!

Lisa H. said...

super cute cards, Mercy. I love that number paper, the colors are so fresh and fun. I also love the summer picnic paper and that card is cute, too. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Cute!! I especially like the first one with the numbers! I love that paper and the ribbon!