Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

...A Couple of Cards

I was just playing around with some card sketches that I hope to use for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge in the near future....so what do you think?
This first card uses the Occasions Mini Catalog set "Bloomin' Beautiful", and a sentiment from the "All Holidays" set. The cardstock colors include: Groovy Guava, Very Vanilla, Really Rust, Kraft, and some designer paper from the Fall Flowers Designer Series Paper pack. The accessories include Groovy Guava Double-Stitched Ribbon, Jumbo Antique Brass Eyelets, punches (1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, and the Small Oval Punch), and Glitter. I used the Faux Stitching Technique along the designer paper edge.
This card only uses one stamp from the set "Much Appreciated". The rest is cardstock and designer paper. The card base is Only Orange cardstock, and each panel is matted with Whisper White cardstock. The DP is from the Jersey Shore Designer Series Paper pack. The only accessories are Wild Wasabi Double-Stitched Ribbon and Silver Brads.

That's it for today! We have a basketball tournament this weekend, so I will most likely not get a chance to stamp again until the beginning of next week. I will have to play catch-up since I have missed all of the challenges for this week, so I will be a busy little beaver! Thanks for stopping by, and until later.......Hugs ~ Mercy

2 comments:

kat said...

Both cards are great but I think I like the 2nd one best; don't know why, though! Maybe it's the bright polka dots that catch the eye....thanks for sharing them with us.

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous, Mercy! I love the big eyelets on the first one and the blocks of pattern on the second!