Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2007

...Sketch Challenge #156 & Ways To Use It Challenge #146

This is my submission for yesterday's Sketch Challenge and today's Ways To Use It Challenge at SCS. The sketch is pretty self-explanatory, only I flipped it onto its side. The cut circles should be on the top instead of on the left...I always have to be different! Today's challenge was to use Staz-On ink in some way, so I used mine on the sentiment. I absolutely love the colors I used for this card, too! The colors are as follows: Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, and Groovy Guava. I will refer to them from now on as olive, nqn, and guava.

The card base is olive and measures 10" X 5-1/4", and when folded in half to open at the right measures 5" X 5-1/4". The next layer up is nqn, and it measures 4-7/8" square. I used BasicGrey's Infuse Paper Pad for the next layer, and it measures 4-13/16" square. The green frame is also from the Infuse Paper Pad, and cut out using the Coluzzle Cutting System. The sentiment is on a scrap piece of Vellum that had been mounted onto a piece of nqn cardstock. The sentiment is from the set "All Holidays", and stamped in Staz-On White Opaque ink directly onto the vellum. The flower from "In the Spotlight" were stamped in guava (twice) and olive onto Whisper White cardstock. Crystal Stickles were added to the centers and petals of each of the flowers, then each flower was punched out using the 5-Petal Punch after the Stickles had dried. Each layer was attached to the others using SNAIL Adhesive. The flowers were popped up off of the card using Dimensionals, and a piece of Groovy Guava Double-Stitched Ribbon was added to the folded edge to finish it off.

That's it for today! Thanks so much for stopping by to check this out! I hope to see you all again tomorrow with a card for the Limited Supplies Challenge.

Supplies

Stamps: All Holidays, In the Spotlight

Paper: Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, BasicGrey Infuse, Vellum

Ink: Old Olive, Groovy Guava, Staz-On Opaque White

Accessories: 5-petal punch, coluzzle, dimensionals, ribbon, adhesive, stickles

7 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

I LOVE the colors you used. Those flowers truly pop!

Anonymous said...

This one is gorgeous too!! I plan on working on this sketch today sometime!! ;) Beautiful creations! TFS!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

TOTALLY TERRIFIC!!!!love how the flowers POP!

MJ said...

So pretty. I love the sketch on it's side. Great job and the colors are terrific!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Love the sparkly petals!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love what you did with the sketch challenge. I didn't really like the sketch, you made it work really well!

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty, Mercy!