Pages

Friday, November 9, 2007

...Ways To Use It Challenge #139, and Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #27

This is my submission for the Ways To Use It Challenge from yesterday, and Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. The WT challenge was to use any kind of velvet accessories, so I used my pumpkin velvet ribbon. I tried to get a picture that would show that it is indeed velvet, but it always appears shiny like silk ribbon...so this is as good as it gets! The card base is Not Quite Navy cardstock with mats in Taken With Teal, and Pumpkin Pie. The pumpkin paper is stamped using Tres Chic with the same shade of orange, the edges are also sponged with pumpkin. I punched scrap pieces of teal and navy twice with the Photo Corner Punch. Then I used the two large navy ones, and the two smaller teal ones. I used my mat pack and paper piercer to pierce the teal corner punch out, then I adhered them to the navy ones before adding teal rhinestones to the very corners. They are popping up off of the card by using Dimensionals.

The focal image panel, starting from the bottom, consists of a Not Quite Navy circle and a circle of watercolor paper. I cut both of these circles out using the Coluzzle Cutting System and Templates. I then used my 3/16 Corner Rounder to make the scallops around the edges of the navy circle piece. The focal image is from the hostess set Oh, So Lovely, and it is stamped in Staz-On Black. I used my Aquapainters to watercolor the flowers with Groovy Guava and Basic Brown inks. The background is watercolored with teal, then the edges of the paper is sponged with teal also. Once the paper dried, I attached the watercolor paper to the navy scalloped piece. I used the Horizontal Slot Punch on each side of the focal panel in order to run my pumpkin velvet ribbon through the back of the card onto the front. The ribbon is tied off in simple knots. The sentiment is from the set Fancy Florals by Verve Visual, and it is stamped in Not Quite Navy also. I added a little *sparkle* by outlining the blossoms with a glue pen, and sprinkling Peach Glitter (Making Memories) onto them. The focal panel is then attached to the card using Dimensionals to lift it off of the paper.

Supplies

Stamps: Oh, So Lovely, Tres Chic, Fancy Florals

Paper: Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Taken With Teal, watercolor

Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Staz-On Black, Groovy Guava, Basic Brown, Not Quite Navy

Accessories: rhinestones, paper piercer, mat pack, glitter, glue pen, aquapainters, velvet ribbon, dimensionals

15 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

DUDE!!! This is stinkin gorgeous!!

Andrea, said...

Fab card, love the orange and blue together

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

How in the WORLD do you have time to keep up with these MOST AWESOME challenges?.....This is yet ANOTHER yummy card!!!!

Jen said...

WOW!!! My jaw hit the floor when your blog popped up. I followed a link from your RAK that you sent Beate. I love all your work, it's incredible. Thanks for sharing, and I'm subscribing pronto, so I don't miss another piece of artwork!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow....this is the first time I've visited your blog, and it's an awesome experience! First of all, I love your music selection, and your cards and projects are beautiful eye candy!! Thanks for sharing, you are now on my favorites!

Michele Kovack said...

This is such a gorgeous card! As a matter of fact....ALL of your cards are gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Mercy,
Oh my goodness that's gorgeous! I LOVE the color combo! Well...I love everything about this card. You rock!
Thanks so much for the beautiful card you send me. I posted it on my blog today!
Hugs and smiles

MOltz said...

I love the colors on this card!

LeAnne said...

I ditto everything Jen said---great blog, awesome cards, LOVE LOVE LOVE the Christian music. I think I'll just leave my computer connected to your blog all day! Thanks for sharing your work with us! :)

nancy said...

Mercy, this is just wow-gorgeous!! Nice job on that sketch challenge, your cards are just amazing! = )

Anonymous said...

OMG this is an awesome card! I love the way you tied th ribbon to the circle and the photo corners with the dots look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

This is so flippin' beautiful, Mercy. Love Love Love the colors...

Lori said...

Mercy, this is absolutely stunning! I love the unusual color combination.

Becky - stampin' and sewin' in the tulip city said...

Beautiful card Mercy. I love the addition of the photo corners.

Judy Rozema said...

Wow!! This is just amazingly gorgeous! I am so glad I found your blog through Chat's blog! I have been missing out on some amazing talent!!