Pages

Monday, November 5, 2007

...Technique Lovers' Challenge #141

This is my submission for today's Technique Lovers' Challenge at SCS ~ Horizontal Pocket Card. The tutorial can be found HERE. The card is Wild Wasabi cardstock along with some of the papers from BasicGrey's Mellow collection. I scored, and folded the card as indicated by the tutorial, then cut my designer papers to mat on top of the wasabi. The edges of the Mellow papers were sponged with Chocolate Chip ink before being attached to the card. I also sponged the card's edges with chocolate. I used the wonderful set All in a Row to add stitching around all of the designer edges only in chocolate. The medallion is from the set Sweet Sampler, and is stamped in Really Rust onto Very Vanilla cardstock. The edges of the vanilla are sponged in chocolate and Creamy Caramel to add some texture. The center of the medallion is a lime-green rhinestone brad from Paper Scraps. (The brads were on sale at Hobby Lobby, so I had to get some of them!) I also added rhinestone brads to the sides of the card to help it stay closed. The medallion panel is lifted using Dimensionals.
***I have added another shot of this card so you can see the stitching a little better.***
The flat insert is simply vanilla cardstock sponged with chocolate ink, and matted onto rust and wasabi cardstock. The edges were stamped with the small flourish stamp from Priceless in Creamy Caramel. Quick and easy card...once I got a chance to sit down and work on it! LOL!


Well, that's it for today! I have alot of work to do before my Open House on Saturday, but I will try to post every day this week if I can. Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week!

Hugs ~ Mercy



Supplies

Stamps: Sweet Sampler, All in a Row, Priceless

Paper: Wild Wasabi, Really Rust, Very Vanilla, Mellow designer paper (BasicGrey)

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Creamy Caramel

Accessories: rhinestone brads, scoring blade, dimensionals

9 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

beautiful pocket card, mercy !!!!!!
and you did it right, too. not like mine, lol !!!!
chat

Me, My Stamps and I said...

almost forgot, i would like that, to be added in your blog roll and i will add you to mine, thanks.
chat

Anonymous said...

All of your work is gorgeous -- this is no exception!!! Love it!!!

Shannan Teubner said...

What a gorgeous card!!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

BEEEEEEEEEEEEAUTIFUL girlfriend!! Of course, the colors are the yummiest!..but, better yet, your description is like HONEY!!( I am always hungry when I get finished reading!!..lol!)....THANK YOU soooooo much for the wonderful card you sent me....I will treasure it and your sweet sentiment always, my friend!!

Andrea, said...

Wow this is a gorgeous card, love the stamp and the colours you have used. Fab papers as well

Becky - stampin' and sewin' in the tulip city said...

Love this card! The colors are great and the brads look fabulous. I have been visiting your blog everyday to listen to your play list...all my favs!

Sew Club said...

Love this card! It's so pretty!

MOltz said...

Thank you for blessing me with Mercy as my Teacher! lol