Pages

Monday, July 16, 2007

...Another Fun-Filled Weekend!

This weekend was crazy fun! Saturday was spent with my good friends Jan, Martha Lynn, and Melanie. We started the day going to our previous demos open house for an hour or so, then we went shopping! We hit The Crop Shop (our locally owned craft store) and AC Moore. I purchased some more stickles and glitter...like I needed more! We shopped for a couple of hours, but decided to call it a day. Jan was unaware that the whole day was about her! Her birthday was yesterday, but her husband had planned a surprise party for her two weeks ago and needed our help to get her out of the house. Clever Steve (Jan's husband) decided to have the party at Martha Lynn's so Jan would be clueless...and she was! We walked into the house through the garage, letting Jan enter first, and she walked right into it -balloons, friends, family, a birthday cake, and a shout "surprise!". The look on her face and the tears in her eyes were priceless! What a fun way to celebrate a wonderful friend and neighbor.


Yesterday was pretty calm. I slept late and woke up ready to make some cards, so I made these two today. I am stuck on Christmas and winter cards for some odd reason. It could be due to the hot and humid weather we've been having in northwest Georgia. The top card was made using pastels (inspired by Meg Shumaker), and the bottom was made using the Square Steps Corner Punch from Stampin' Up! You can find the tutorial explaining how this was done HERE.
Hopefully I can make and post some more cards for you the next couple of days while I'm patiently (or not so patiently) waiting for my SU! kit to be delivered. I will be spending the day with Kesha again today, so I plan on accomplishing quite a bit! I wonder how many will be Christmas cards?

See you all later! Hugs ~ Mercy

Supplies

Stamps: Glad Tidings, Canvas, Snowflakes, Snow Flurries, Warmest Regards, Flannel Plaid

Paper: Pretty in Pink, Cranberry Crisp, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, misc. patterned paper

Ink: same as paper, versamark

Accessories: pastels, sponge daubers, embossing powders, brads, dimensionals, ticket corner punch, square steps corner punch, circle punches, square punches, mat pack, and paper piercer

5 comments:

Corie said...

Great holiday cards, love all the texture.

Shannan Teubner said...

So pretty! I especially love the pink one, of course ;)
I have this set, guess I need to break it out, huh?

MOltz said...

I love the blue with the green, Wouldn't think I would, but I really do.

Had a great time with you on Sat!
Melanie

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Fantastic!

love2Bcreative said...

WOW! Both of these just rock!!
TFS!