Pages

Friday, June 29, 2007

...Pretty Pearl Ex Powders...


I got a chance to play today, so I wanted to do something using the Pearl Ex powders (which will be retiring by the way). The concept for this card comes from Sarah Peale~ thanks sweetie! I wanted a watercolor look without using the watercolor crayons. To achieve the effect I desired I stamped the image with Versamark, then used sponge daubers to apply the color of powder I wanted. I tapped off the excess powder, then applied a coat of clear sealant. The tip of the day is.....let the sealant dry before attaching the focal image to the mats (lesson learned...quit quickly I might add!). I am really anxious to see what the new catalog will offer as far as powders go. I have really enjoyed playing with them, and I would like to do a class using them if they come out with a different variety of colors. I just hope you can see the glisten the image has when you click on it. It really is a striking effect!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I may not get a chance to post tomorrow (paying bills...YUCK!), but I will try my best.
Card Recipe:
Stamps: Petal Prints, Small Script
Papers: Always Artichoke, Taken With Teal, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Inks: Versamark, Taken With Teal, Basic Black
Accessories: Pearl Ex powders, sponge daubers, white signo gel pen, clear acrylic spray

2 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

Very pretty!

MOltz said...

I also love this one! Love the blues! Melanie