Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2008

...I Love Bling!

I have spent the last couple of days with a couple of friends of mine, Lakesha and Robin, making cards. This is one that I made last night....I started with a card base of Rose Red cardstock measuring 11 X 4-1/4, and when folded to open at the bottom measured 5-1/2 X 4-1/4. The bottom panel is made up of Pumpkin Pie cardstock (4-1/4 X 1-1/2), and the small polka-dot print from the Certainly Celery Designer Series Paper pack (4-1/4 X 1). A Slit Punch was used to create the scallops on the bottom edge of the celery paper, then the two pieces were attached to each other using SNAIL Adhesive. A piece of 5/8" Papaya Grosgrain Ribbon from Ribbons & Bows Oh My! was added around the panel to hide the overlapping cardstocks, and tied in a knot. The completed panel was attached to the card base using SNAIL Adhesive again.

The focal image is from the set "All Holidays", and was stamped in Rose Red Classic Ink onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock (2-1/8 X 1-9/16). It was also stamped again onto a scrap piece of white cardstock in Certainly Celery Classic Ink. The word "kind" was cut out using a Paper Cutter, and was attached to the rose rose image (over the rose-colored "kind") using Dimensionals. The sentiment panel is matted with the following: Pumpkin Pie cardstock (2-1/4 X 1-3/4), Rose Red cardstock (2-3/8 X 1-7/8), and Certainly Celery cardstock (2-1/2 X 2-1/16). This panel was attached to the card base using Dimensionals again. I added KaiserScrapbook Small Hot Pink Rhinestones to the center of each scallop. That's it for the card, but let me sing the praises of these awesome rhinestones!

These beautiful rhinestones are from the Kaiser Craft company out of Australia. These were purchased from The Little Scrapbook Shop, and I got twenty-seven of them.....eleven (11) large packs and sixteen (16) small packs! They are self-adhesive, and come in an array of colors and sizes. The small ones come 100 to a pack, and include the following sizes: 25 X 3mm, 50 X 4mm, 25 X 5mm. The large mixed round ones come 34 to a pack, and in these sizes: 24 X 9mm and 10 X 14mm. Go check these out....I'm sure you will fall in love with them as quickly as I did!

That's it for today! I am going to veg-out with the hubby for the rest of the day...both boys are spending the weekend with friends, so daddy and I have some much appreciated alone time! I hope to see you tomorrow with a card for the Featured Stamper Challenge, and another for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. Until then........Hugs ~ Mercy

3 comments:

Trish D said...

Lovely!! I wouldn't have put those colors together in a million years, but they really look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

That is some CUTE bling!! I love the pink on the pomegranate!! I never would have thought of that!!

Anonymous said...

I love bling too. These are so cute!