Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

...Verve Spring Fling Blog Hop

After a fabulous day of sneak peeks, challenges and set reveals, we’re topping off our Spring Fling Blog Party with a blog hop featuring the four new sets and five plain janes that just released from Verve. If you arrived here by way of Jen Tapler’s blog, then you’re on the right track! If you just happened to stop by, be sure to head back to Julee’s blog for the start of the hop.

I chose to use Verve's "Easter Joy" stamp set for tonight's hop to create this long card. The eggs were stamped in black onto PTI White Cardstock, then colored with Copic Sketch Markers. I used my favorite Be Loved patterned paper pack from My Mind's Eye to coordinate with the jewel-toned eggs, and matted them with Soft Suede Cardstock. The "Easter" sentiment is from this same set, but the "blessings" was taken from "Harvest Blessings". I added some stitching, brads, and paper piercing to complete the card.

To celebrate our new release, we have a very special treat hidden along the hop. One lucky commenter will win our entire release! So as you’re hopping along, be sure to give a little shout out in the comments if you see something that makes you smile. The lucky winner will be announced Tuesday evening, March 10th, on the Verve Blog.

Thanks for hopping by! Next up on the hop is Lynda Benden! If you get distracted, or there’s a hiccup in the chain...head on over to the Verve Blog for the full list of participants.


Supplies
Stamps: Easter Joy, Harvest Blessings (Verve)
Papers: Kraft, Soft Suede, PTI Cream, PTI White, Be Loved DP (My Mind's Eye)
Inks: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: copics, dimensionals, sewing machine, mat pack, paper piercer, scissors, brads, white gel pen

113 comments:

  1. What a great layout and of course the stamps are fabulous too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the eggs Mercy and the panel work is real special!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Mercy! Love the layout and the popped up eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that sweet line up of eggs Mercy. Great colours too. xL

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! Love the use of the Valentine pp for Easter. Great eggs -hey, that sounds funny! LOL! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm crazy about the new Easter set - pretty without being kiddie. You've done a great job wit it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. girl you know I luv this......hehehe...fabulous...all of your release creations are amazing!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Cow. So many colors in such a little space! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Mercy!!! Great design, layering, colours and those popped eggs are just DIVINE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a terrific card Mercy! I am always challenged when it comes to Easter cards...I feel I need to put a binny on them all! Fabulous card ~ Fabulous Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love how you showcase Verve stamps :) Your paper is always just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool! I love the layout and colors you chose and that kraft paper is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! You did an amazing job with your color choices. Not the typical pastels. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! I am so loving the egg stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm enjoying this blog hop so much because I'm finding great blogs I've never seen before. I love yours! I'm just getting into Copic markers and love how you show which ones you use. I will be back to read more of your blog after the hop!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're really rockin' those Copic markers! Love the egg border and layout you used!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these egg images and the colouring really makes them come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those eggs are beautiful!!!! And I love the way you pierced the border!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Mercy, this is just too fabulous! What an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the coloring on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card with gorgeous coloring, thanks for sharing such wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your Verve Easter card with all the pretty little eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic card!! I love the colors you chose, and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh, its a long card! That's too cool. and I love the dp (its like my fav right now). Awesome card, Mercy. You totally rocked the long card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is too cute! So glad to see an Easter card along the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, this is GORGEOUS Mercy!! Love the colors you used and of course that Kraft!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card! Amazing colors with those Copic markers.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the stamp and the coloring. Super hop.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Love those popped up eggs! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh how I would love to have all my easter eggs in a row! LOL Mercy this is a fab card! The coloring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love all the stitching & piercing, a 'cracking' Easter card!! Sorry couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW!! Love your layout! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super cute card with the long row of beautifully coloured Easter eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  35. perfect layout for that line up of eggs!! beautifully done!!

    I hate that I had to miss out on the party yesterday...I was subbing at the high school and then we had company for dinner...they didn't leave until after 10:00!! But I will try to play along this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow!! this card is eggcellent suits any age

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely card and great colouring.
    Hugs Sonia xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. So different than the other cards on the blog due to the "Easter" theme. Just love it! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You have such a distinct and fabulous style! I love this card its so different and very goreous
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. I have to say - I think that egg garland is my absolute favourite image from the entire release. So very Verve.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very cool card - great use of color and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  42. beautiful card! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is just gorgeous, Mercy! LOVE that layout with this image! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oooooh....love love love this card...cool shape, fun colors and image, and super layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your card is sooo pretty! I LOVE the colours that you chose which look SO good with the kraft background!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the eggs - your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love this set and you did a fabulous job with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  48. this is absolutely STUNNING! fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love this card!! The layout and that dp is great!! Those eggs are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great layout and color combo; thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the shape and colors of your card. I'm going to have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  52. WOW!! Great Card. Just love the whole combo.

    ReplyDelete
  53. OOOH, Mercy this is GORGEOUS!!! I love your layout, and your egg garland is stunning! Fab card, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Love the layout, love the colors, love the scene... I love this card, Mercy! Gorgeous! Hmmmm... I think I have the dp laying around....

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love your design, Mercy, clean, elegant, lovely! Going to look thru the rest of your blog now hoping for even more inspiration. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  56. Brilliantly beautiful!!
    I love the way you did the eggs!!!!!!
    The way they are cut out and popped up! And that grassy area---BEAUTIFUL!!!

    I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Fabulous job and very unusual..thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  58. This is gorgeous! I LOVE the colors you used on your eggs....WAY better than the ones I used on mine!!!! *sniff* LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Beautiful! Such amazing coloring, I love this card...

    ReplyDelete
  60. Beautiful. Love the colors you chose for the eggs and love the layout too! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Your work with the copics stuns me!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. You ROCK girl! This is AMAZING! I love how you cut the eggs out, they look awesome! Your layout and papers and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love how you used the eggs for a border!

    ReplyDelete
  64. This is just so much fun. I love the paper piercing, the coloring was done beautifully and the layout if fun and interesting. Love your work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Your coloring is so amazing! This is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  66. This is just so sweet! I LOVE it!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  67. Ooooh! I love long cards and I don't see them very often on blogs - great card! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  68. How do you gals come up with such beautiful creations. The colors on this card are stunning, Mercy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  69. Such pretty colors and great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  70. such a cute Easter card!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  71. Mercy! wonderful colors on this card, not your traditional easter and I just love it. The coloring of the eggs is fab too..... sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Oh Wow! Do I LOVE this card! Great color combination and what a surprise for this stamp image!!! Yowza!

    ReplyDelete
  73. This is gorgeous Mercy!! Your coloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  74. So pretty...love all the coloring! Great sketch; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I really like how this is laid out. The layering is so pretty and the lengthwise card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Oh, what a beautiful Easter card! I love your choice of colors. Thanks for sharing it with us during the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Oooooooo, Mercy! Thos eggs are so pretty! Love, love, love your coloring on them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  78. Wow! I must have that egg stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  79. ohhhhhhh so darn cute! love that I have found another expert with copics! i so want to try them...with these stamps! I love eggs!!!!!! xox tyvvm

    ReplyDelete
  80. Very sweet card...love the colors and the layout...TFS...hugz...claire

    ReplyDelete
  81. Amazing....love your layout and your coloring.....great job....

    ReplyDelete
  82. I have never thought of making Easter cards until now! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  83. nice card, nice layout, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Gorgeous, Mercy!! Love the fabulous layout and those little eggs are all so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  85. I love the rolling hill of Easter eggs. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Love, love, love this layout! Great card, thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Gorgeous, Mercy! Love your fab layout, the long row of egs, the way you did the sentiment ... I could go on and on! Beuatiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Aren't those tiny eggs just divine?! Love the coloring that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  89. This is a really neat layout, LOVE it, and your coloring is fabulous!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  90. I love how you popped up the eggs over the grass. Love the layout and colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  91. Love your Cards! They are Great!
    also Great name for your Blog, what a play on words! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  92. I agree those little eggs are adorable! This is beautiful, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  93. So pretty! Your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  94. Great layout! Like this!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Mercy, this card is darling! I love your little touches and the balance of your layout! You're such a pro at the colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  96. OMG, this card is AMAZING! Wowzers, you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  97. What a beautiful card. You did a great job coloring with the copics!

    ReplyDelete
  98. I love this one. You rocked the hop girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment...I enjoy reading what you all have to say!

Have a wonderful day!