Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

...Believe Blog Hop

Be sure to scroll down to the next post to see my Crazy 4 Challenges card!

Welcome to the Verve Believe Blog Hop. If you’ve just happened across my blog, you’ll want to start back at the beginning (http://poeticartistry.blogspot.com/) and hop your way along. Today we’re hopping for the Cure, sharing projects from a new set Verve just released called Believe. This set was designed in honor of breast cancer awareness, and Verve is donating $10 from the sale of every Believe set to the Susan G Komen For the Cure Foundation. We believe that we can make a difference. We believe that each day should be celebrated, each moment cherished, and that every little thing we can do in the fight to find a cure matters.

I decided to keep it sweet and simple with my "Believe" card...I wanted to showcase this beautiful set, not some sort of patterned paper or embellishment. I sponged and pierced the edges of the Pretty In Pink Cardstock base, then stamped the sentiment in Jet Black Staz-On Ink. For the focal panel, I collage-stamped the two ribbons and the smallest flower from the set in Pretty In Pink Classic Ink onto a Whisper White Cardstock. I then cut the panel into 1" squares, sponged the edges, and rearranged them randomly on the Basic Black Cardstock mat. The only embellishments I added were a piece of Black Grosgrain Ribbon and three Black Brads.

Thanks for hopping by! Next up on the hop is…JEN TAPLER. Oh, and we’ve got a special gift hidden along our hop for one lucky commenter, so if you see something you really love, give a little shout out and you just might win a $30 gift certificate to Verve!

Supplies
Stamps: Believe (Verve)
Papers: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Whisper White
Inks: Pretty in Pink, Jet Black Staz-On
Accessories: mat pack, paper piercer, sponge dauber, ribbon, brads

102 comments:

  1. Very striking card Mercy. I just may have to CASE it for a survivor I know who would really appreciate it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the graphic look of this card...black and pink are so classy:) I'm off to make a card for your challenge...decided to give the autumn colours a rest...be prepared for red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you did the OSW. Simple and beautiful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Mercy!!
    TFS
    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your layout, and wonderful piercing here!! Of course, your colors are perfect as well!! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card...I love the clean and simple look! laura j

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love how you did the nice grid in the middle with the ribbon paper and the nice and how clean and simple it looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you created a tile mosaic with the ribbon. Love pink and black together and the focus on the word survivor. Great card :D Hope (fingers and toes crossed!) to get to your sketch some time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and cause, Mercy - TFS! I've yet to meet a woman whose family or friends haven't been affected by breast cancer. Thanks for the inspiration and blog candy opp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card, mercy as always-this set is inspiring as well as julee's generosity in contributing to the komen foundation

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOH! The simplicity of this is stunning! Love the pretty in pink with a few touches of black. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As I hop along..I am more and more inspired by everyone's submissions. Just when I think I've seen "the best one" along comes yours and I have to say it's fabulous. (or the fabulousest!) The grid, the colour combo, the ribbon finish, it all works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Mercy! I just love what you did with the squares. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi again Mercy!
    This card was a great way to showcase this set! The squares are very effective! TFS

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful quilty/graphicy feel to this card! I love the light sponging around each square.

    Oh, and since Maureen is giving you a break with the fall colors, I'll pick them up for her. :) Off to create my challenge card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a nice card!! Love it
    Hugs
    elborgi= Elma

    ReplyDelete
  17. sooo fun and fabulous! great design, Mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely card Mercy!!! Such a fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely LOVE this. The color combo is stunning and you did an awesome job showcasing the sentiment. No one can do squares like you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey girl, your cards are fabulous....this card seems as if your looking through a window, I luv that thought, it's as if it's saying there is hope.....great job!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mercy this is absolutely Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a nice card. I love the panels, puzzle pieces sort of, that come together for "every little thing we do in the fight" makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mercy your card is so very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so amazing! I love your hand made (with love!) dp! I just love it! This is such a beautiful card! TFS your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mercy, you're created a beautiful, classic card. Thanks for the chance to win during this blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning card. I love the pink and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous, Mercy!!! LOVE the tiled look!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful, Mercy!!! Wonderful design and image detailing!!! Lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this one! I am a HUGH lover of layering EVERYTHING on black, so this one stood out for me. Great job! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Soft and sweet... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. stunning use of a grid on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. So gorgeous! Love how you "puzzled" the pieces. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think your card showcases this set beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very pretty!!! Thank you for sharing this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The beautiful and simple card is quite lovely. Wow

    ReplyDelete
  36. I LOVE the pink and black combination; and arrangement of your card. Very simple, but absolutely stunning! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great looking card! Love this design...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Delicate as a rose petal with a strong message.
    Gorgeous work Mercy.
    Hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Mercy, your card looks great! I love how you crated your own background. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the background! elegant yet simple!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. What a unique idea to create a tile format! It's simple but elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Pink with a little black is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Simple yet elegant & encouraging! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Excellent!! Love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your card just says it all with those pink ribbons and encouraging word! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Pretty card! I love the combo of pink and black. :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love it!!! The black and pink are so classic!

    Shelly :)
    Manitoba, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful card and love the layout and details. Thanks for this inspiring eye candy along this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the grid!....gotta try this.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Fantastic card! Have to get me some Verve stamps soon!

    ReplyDelete
  51. This is really beautiful, love the pink and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  52. What a great survivor card!

    ReplyDelete
  53. The pink and black is gorgeous together. I love the titles!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Your card is beautiful..so simple yet very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  55. WOW i love the simplicicty of it. It really does make a statement. Your card is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  56. Beautiful card! Love the pink and black color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love your card and how you created your own patterned paper. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Cool card! The collage stamping is a great idea! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  59. I think your collage with the squares was genius! It was the perfect touch to this card! I will have to remember that for my own cards in the future! Fabby job!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Love it! Absolutely stunning, black and pink is a HOT combo and that card is a definate EYE GRABBER!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Your card is fabulous. I love the square idea. Card is simple yet very attractive. Any survivor would welcome a card such as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Gorgeous card! All the cards are so inspirational. It is so wonderful of Julee to support this worthy cause!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Love the layout of your card, that little bit of black just really makes everything POP! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  64. Very stunning card, so elegant love the look and style. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I like how you did the background, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Love your card, it is gorgeous :)!

    Inky Hugs,
    Catherine
    catlevy@eastlink.ca
    www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. Beautiful work Mercy, I love the simplicity of the design and that it still packs a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  68. I love the windowpane look. So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Mercy, this is FANTASTIC! :-)Teaci

    ReplyDelete
  70. wonderful card Mercy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Very pretty. Simple with a strong statement.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Love the grid and the color combo!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  73. I especially like the Verve layered flower and appreciate your interest in supporting Breast Cancer.
    joanne bates

    ReplyDelete
  74. Very pretty card and I love the color combination together.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I like the boldness of the black frames and the softness of the pink ribbons. A wonderful card; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  76. Love the card Mercy! I really like how you made your own DP, and how the pink and black are very pretty together!
    Thank you for sharing such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  77. What a wonderful layout and idea - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  78. This is just GORGEOUS, Mercy. Love the softness of the main image.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Lovely card. So simple and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  80. How clever to stamp and then rearrange your images, it feels very soft and soothing. I really like this card. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  81. I think it is wonderful that so much is being donated from the sale of each set. Not to mention that I love it because the images and sentiments are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  82. What a beautiful card. I love the squares. Great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  83. This is absolutely wonderful Mercy! What a great idea with the tiled BG and of course the colors a perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment...I enjoy reading what you all have to say!

Have a wonderful day!